This recipe came about by accident one evening after a long day in work when I just fancied a bowl of something hot and cosy. Providing you with 1 of your 5 a day, and a healthy source of fibre and lean protein its also great the next day for lunch!
- 300g skinless, boneless chicken thigh, diced
- 100g spicy cooking chorizo, chopped
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock pot – made up into 400ml stock
- 100ml red wine
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tinned butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
Fry the chorizo in a casserole dish for 4-5 minutes until it has started to crisp and some oils have been released. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the chicken, onions, pepper and garlic to the pan. After a couple of minutes add the paprika. Fry until the chicken is golden on all sides and the onion and pepper softened.
Add the chorizo back into the pan along with the wine, tinned tomatoes and stock. Cover and leave to cook on a medium heat.
After 10 minutes remove the lid, add the butterbeans and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced to a soup-like consistency.
Stir through the fresh parsley and serve with the sourdough. Enjoy!