This recipe is my version of a traditional Mexican breakfast. With beans, chorizo, avocado, tomatoes and topped with a fried egg, this breakfast is hearty, tasty and full of goodness!
This meal provides you with 2 of your 5 a day whilst being low in fat and high in protein AND its also a great source of folate, B vitamins and fibre.
- 2 wholegrain tortilla wraps
- 75g chorizo, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 150g cooked Borlotti beans (Kidney beans or black beans would work just as well. I buy dried and cook them, but you can buy tinned that just need draining and rinsing)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 20g Low fat mature cheddar, grated
- Juice of half a lime
- Handful of tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Sriracha to serve
Add the chorizo, onion and garlic powder to a frying pan and cook on a medium heat until the onions have softened and the chorizo is releasing its oil. Then add the coriander and beans to the pan for a few minutes.
Leave the mix to heat through in the pan and put the tortilla wraps under the grill to lightly toast.
Once toasted, put the tortillas on a plate and top with the bean and chorizo mix and the jalapeños, avocado and tomatoes.
Fry two eggs in the pan that you cooked the bean mix in, and once cooked to your preference place these on top of everything else on the plate.
Serve with a sprinkling of cheese and the sriracha sauce.